Information specific to MAT 9 and MAT 13 care instruction
For the Writers Block and Silica collections with the ink resistant technology view our Cleaning Instruction video.
Leather & Vinyl Cleaner
Removes most ink, crayon, dye transfer, adhesives, red drinks, lipstick, dirt, blood, grease and food stains.
Our chemically balance cleaner is specially formulated to safely clean treated leather and vinyl. It gently cleans the surface to break up ink, marker, grease and other difficult stains so they can simply be blotted off.
Apply to surface. If necessary, use a soft bristled brush to clean problem areas. Wipe dry with a soft cloth. For best results, apply leather/Vinyl Protector to help prevent re-soiling and to restore leather surface.
Suitable for Leather, PVC, PU and Silicone smooth upholsteries.
Always pre-test on an inconspicuous area
Ready to use, Biodegradable and Eco-Safe
Leather & Vinyl Protector
Restores natural oils and luster.
With leather and vinyl, it is very important to replace essential oils that are removed naturally during the cleaning process. Tremendous care and decades of experience went into developing our protector. It’s easily applied with a damp sponge and instantly restores beauty and luster back to the surface.
Whilst our fabrics are designed to be easily cleaned, it is not self-cleaning and requires a regular maintenance regime to extend the life of the fitout. Most spills and stains can easily be cleaned with a towel. Just wipe up the spills with a clean cloth.
Both MAT 9 (vinyl and PU fabrics) & MAT 13 (Silica) are bleach cleanable with a solution of bleach and water. It is important to follow the concentration recommendation and further ensure you rinse any residue.
Fabric Care MAT 9
- Prompt cleaning is always recommended.
Cleaning steps are listed by type of stain. For best results follow cleaning steps in order.
Recommended Care and Cleaning Steps
- Step 1: Mild soap and water, then rinse with fresh water and wipe dry with a clean, lint free cloth.
- Step 2: Wipe affected area with a soft cloth or soft bristle brush, using a non-abrasive cleaner. Rinse with fresh water and wipe dry.
- Step 3: 10% solution of household bleach and water. Rinse with fresh water and wipe dry.
- Step 4: 25% solution of alcohol and water. Rinse with fresh water and wipe dry.
Regular Cleaning & Maintenance
- Dirt, Dust & Grime: Use step 1.
- Fats & Oil Stains: Use steps 1 & 2.
- Food Stains: eg ketchup, chocolate, juice, coffee & tea. Use steps 1 & 2.
- Difficult Stains: eg blood, urine, betadine, eye shadow, mascara, lipstick, crayon, grease, mustard, ink, permanent marker, paint. Use steps 1,2,3 & 4.
Fabric Care MAT 13
- Silica can be cleaned very simply with just a damp cloth.
We recommended the following cleaning procedures for various types of spills:
- Step 1: Clean affected areas with a damp cloth.
- Step 2: Virtually all stains can be removed using only the procedure explained in Step 1; however, if desired, Step 1 can be followed by additional cleaning using soap and water, 4 parts water / 1 part bleach solution, or any solvent-based cleaning agent without causing harm to the surface of Silica or its performance attributes. Thoroughly rinse with water.
Always test in an inconspicuous area first. In some instances not all stains can be completely removed.